Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Our Adventures

Okay, so there aren't really any "adventures" to speak of. Just a few cute stories.

Yesterday Jack & I walked to the Loop to go to the library & the post office. As I was about a block from home, I noticed one of his shoes was missing. Gone. Vanished. Not in his stroller. So, I turned around & headed back towards the Loop. In hindsight I should have gone home & gotten in the car as Jack had already been in the stroller for 45 minutes & was getting mad. But, I walked, thinking it was close. And I walked. And walked. Still walking. Right across the street from the PO was his little blue shoe. Lying on the sidewalk. I put it on him & turned back around to head towards home, again. By this time he'd been in the stroller at least an hour and the screaming started. He screamed the rest of the way home. I even gave him a chocolate cookie. It didn't work. I imagine we were quite the sight. A sweaty mama & screaming baby holding a cookie.

Jack & I have both been sick for a while. So, it's been tv-land & paci-land at our house. Yesterday I felt so bad & was so tired that I just sat down & cried. Jack was very sweet. He walked over, patted me, and handed me his paci. I guess he thought a suck or two would make me feel better too.

And, story number 3 isn't really a story, just a sweet moment. Jack usually sits in my lap while I dry my hair. He likes to watch us in the mirror together. But, today he was just piddling around our bedroom behind me while I was using the hair dryer. Then he stopped, leaned over my back, and gave me a big hug. He probably did that 10 or 11 times while I was getting ready. Then he would smile & chat with me. I loved it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is super sweet! What a compassionate little guy! Hope you all are feeling better!