Friday, July 13, 2007

Happy Birthday to you.


Welcome to this dusty land
where you will cry lots, but we'll all understand.
Things may not turn out sometimes like you planned,
that's alright our little man.

Welcome outside of your mother's womb,
I know that it's frightening, but now there's more room.
Just think of all the great things you'll do,
just by you being you.

I don't care what the world says about all this struggling,
all I know is now you're here it's so lovely.
I don't care about all the things that have troubled me,
now that you're here I remember life can be so lovely, though it's troubling,
but you're lovely.

Welcome to us our little song,
you're one part your daddy, one part your mom.
We're going to help you grow up to be strong.
but for now little guy
sleep on.

~Lori Chaffer


Happy 2nd birthday to my favorite little boy.

No comments: