Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Breaking News!

This is really only breaking news to us, but, Jack ate grapes on Monday night.  Yes, you heard me, we're hooting & celebrating because my almost 3 year old ate not one, but 7 or 8 grapes!  

I can honestly count on one hand the amount of fruit Jack has eaten since he went off baby food.  A bite or two of banana, a sliver of strawberry, and one whole blueberry (that was over a year ago).  He refuses to touch the stuff.  But at dinner on Monday John & I were eating grapes & Jack yelled, "I like grapes!", took a bite of one, shivered & made a funny face & then ate the rest.  John & I cheered & he kept on eating them.  He even ate some yesterday.

The excitement never ends around here.

4 comments:

lara said...

put them on wooden skewers and into the freezer. they are cold and fun for kids to eat, especially when it is hot. grant sometimes only eats peas when i line them up on a toothpick.

Tirzah said...

I am very proud.

amylew said...

Yeah! He's eating grapes - just like his mama!

The Tilted Tulip said...

So I read an article the other day which said that sometimes it takes up to 20 attempts to introduce a particular food to a child before they will start to eat it. It made me think of you and little Jacko-Wacko. Glad you made a break-through...