Saturday, September 30, 2006

Nice Moments

Jack & I had a great week. He was a happy boy all week, was sleeping better than he has in a while & we were very busy. Some extended babysitting by both of his grandmas was helpful for me as well. It gave me a little break that I'd been needing for a while to get some things done. Jack loves his grandmas. If either of them are in the room I instantly become invisible.

In other good news, it seems I have become the favored parent once again. This summer Jack was all about Da (John). He couldn't get enough of him. When John would go in his studio to work Jack would cry outside of his door. When he was with me & John would come in the room he would immediately push away from me & run to John. But, since school has started for John again, Jack seems much more content with me. I'm glad. I wasn't prepared for him to hate me until he's at least 13 or 14.

I had one of those moments this week where everything seemed perfect and for the first time I felt perfectly content just being a mom. I've felt like I should be the perfect mom & be very happy doing that. And I've also felt that I should be working a meaningful job outside of the home and have felt guilty for not doing so. But, on Friday, Jack & I were driving home & he was falling asleep. I was keeping him awake by shaking his leg & talking to him in silly voices & he just sat there and grinned at me with his half closed eyes. I was so happy to be with him & he was happy to be with me. And it all seemed perfect.

No comments: