Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Hamster Wheel

Lately I feel like I've been living my life on a hamster wheel. Running & running, but not getting anywhere. There is always more to be done that never happens. I clean the house & about 10 seconds later it looks like a bomb went off again. Even now, at 9:30 at night, there is still more to do. Loads of laundry to be folded, dishes to be done, not to mention the big stuff to be cleaned. All I really want to do is read my book and go to bed. I think that is life with a toddler.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are soooo not alone! I am on the hamster wheel too. After staying at home with the kids for 6 years I still keep wondering when I'm going to catch up with things. "If only we had less stuff..." I think daily. I guess we are going to have to learn to be content living in cedar chips and poop. By the way, can I borrow your upside down water bottle? Mine is clogged or something.

John Hendrix said...

I'm on a rolling log in the river. At least I get a bath at the end.

Grandpa G said...

For all the great times you have with Jack, a long time ago I learned that I never "really" wanted to change positions with your Mom for exactly those reasons. Mommy's work is never done. Mommy doesn't get to leave it at the office.

Dads, never say that a stay-at-home Mommy doesn't work lest she offer to trade places with you.